Thursday, January 30, 2014

BACON VS THE BAGEL IN THE BATTLE OF THE BULGE

Which one will make you fatter? If you think the bacon and eggs you're WRONG!

The Bacon and Eggs take longer to break down and process through your system.
The carbs in the  Bagel give you the sugar you need for a minute. Then it  allows your body to get the message that it should store fat. The Insulin released in your bloodstream happens quickly and sends your body the message to do what? STORE THE FAT!
It’s not what you thought is it?

The digestion time of the Bacon and Eggs doesn't cause a spike in your Blood Glucose level and it doesn't cause a insulin spike!
I found this cute but informative picture on the internet>  It explains it all. It makes it easy to look at and understand. It shows what happens when we open our mouths and insert FOOD! Protein and Carbs! (see Below)

I'm not saying you should always have bacon and eggs! The point is to look at what your having and choose proteins over carbs.
I'm not a breakfast person at all. I have to force myself most days to put something in my mouth.
But as you heard a 1,000 times before breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
I gets metabolism going for the day. Im not saying you should never have a bagel either. Just read the labels and make the lowest carb choices you can.

It is so easy to grab  cereal, cereal bars, bagels, biscuits, pop tarts, breads, muffins and more from our cabinets. Because they are easy to keep at home. I don't want to forget to mention that they are way cheaper than what is really good for you to eat. I think I was buying way to many carbs when I was doing the coupon thing! I mean I paid little to nothing for cereals, pop tarts, all the bars and snacks mixes... Thinking they were quick easy and healthy but that was WRONG! So WRONG!
They are easy to grab as we walk out the door... but maybe not the best thing for us!

It just isn't the thing to do if you trying to cut back on carbs…

More to come and I hope you’re enjoying the post I am making.
Happy Low Carbing and good luck on your low carb journey!





No comments:

Post a Comment