Thursday, March 27, 2014

Let's talk about some yummy food! Yep! That's right! It's Recipe Time!
I know I have be slacking on sharing them with you. You'll have to forgive me. This crazy Alabama weather has put me in a slump! Well a slump is an understatement. If you live here then you will totally understand!
It was sunny and 70 yesterday and today it is freezing . We had a low in the 20's last night!
Yes I said 20's!

Let the yummy looking recipe posting begin! 

Well you know I gotta have my chicken (cluck cluck cluck)!
So I thought I would start with this : Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Buffalo chicken lettuce wraps, these are so good! Would be great for game day!

Or how about some slow cooker lemon garlic chicken yummy!
I am really loving all the slow cooker recipes I have been able to find lately. It makes my afternoons at home quick and simple and it allows us to eat earlier in the evening! Not to mention we still get to eat healthy!
Link to the recipe here:
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken.

Well the weekend is coming up. My kids have had spring break this week. So I thought I would throw in a fun dip that would also give a shout out to all of us that are Alabama Fans....
 It's called RAMMER JAMMER DIP! Hey I have never made it just stumbled across it. It looked yummy and very low carb! So can I get a Roll Tide?

Okay lets talk about Pasta(yes i know that is a bad word when you are doing low carb).
Pasta is one thing I really miss but I love making spaghetti with spaghetti squash.
It was much easier that I thought. The texture was a little more firm that noodles would be like a nutty crunch! Not hard just different. With my normal sauce and meat and cheese combination the kids ate and loved it. I just made their plates and said were having Spaghetti they didn't question it. They came back for 2nd's and asked if I bought different noodles I said yes and they kept eating. 
You could do spaghetti or any other pasta dish your missing!
Link to the recipe of how to cook the spaghetti squash here:
or search pinterest for more directions.
or you can try this link direct link: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/cooking/a/spagsquash.htm

Baked Spaghetti Squash with Garlic and Butter - add some chicken and yummy!

I guess I could throw a pork chop in. I love pork but try not to over do the pork in our house because of my blood pressure issues. I found this interesting stuffed pork chop recipe that wasn't the same old same old grilled pork chop. It is a stuffed pork chop recipe. 

Savory Stuffed Pork Chops - Who’d ever guess stuffed chops could be so simple?  Ingredients •8 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each) • •1 small onion, chopped •1/2 cup butter, cubed            •5 cups fresh baby spinach •1 package (6 ounces) sage stuffing mix •1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream •1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage •1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper  -CHECK

and I found this one for Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops.
I looked yummy and easy.  They show it being served with rice. You would have to choose a 
different side dish to keep it low carb. You can link to the recipe here:  http://www.raininghotcoupons.com/crock-pot-ranch-pork-chops-only-3-ingredients/

Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops (Only 3 Ingredients!) - Raining Hot Coupons

Here's another snack idea or an appetizer idea that looked really good!
Fried Mozzarella Cheese Balls!
You can link to the recipe here: http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/fried-mozzarella-cheese-balls/080b083f-3752-4084-a030-06d04eecdfba/?nicam4=SocialMedia&nichn4=Pinterest&niseg4=Tablespoon&nicreatID4=Post&crlt.pid=camp.FWmIIVYgSgj9 

.

this looked like it might be worth trying also. I mean I love okra. I know not everyone does but I surely do.
Its pan baked crispy okra... What could be easier and yummier?
Oh it was called Paleo Crispy Roasted Okra.
You can link to the recipe here: http://nourishedandgrounded.com/paleo-crispy-baked-okra/

Paleo Crispy Roasted Okra - coconut oil, s&p, & garlic salt @ 450 degrees for 25mins. so good

I found a casserole dish I want to give a go. Well that is when I have a chance.
We love philly cheese steak subs . Well if you do too you're going to love this.
This is a philly cheese steak casserole.
Link to the recipe here: http://www.grassfedmama.com/2014/02/08/low-carb-philly-cheesesteak-casserole/

Grassfed Mama Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Casserole!  Looks fantastic!


Okay I will share one more.. I bet the kids will love. I saw this and though why have I never thought of doing anything like this before now. Can't wait to give it a try. I want to try this sooner than later!
No Crust Pizza Bites link to the recipe here:
http://www.ellaclaireinspired.com/2014/02/no-crust-pizza-bites.html

No-Crust Pizza Bites: Gluten Free, Low Carb and delicious! Make any topping combo.

*disclaimer: I take no credit for the photos and recipes shared here from other sites. I am only sharing the information so others can enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment